What is The Family Dance Project?
The Family Dance Project began in August 2014 by Lisa Spaull as a commission from Foundation for Community Dance in partnership with Venue Cymru.
The commission was to create a dance piece for the International People Dancing Event held at Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff in November 2014.
The resulting piece, “Aquarium” has been performed in Venue Cymru, Cardiff Millennium Centre and MOSTYN in Llandudno.
The Family Dance Project
at the Wales Millenium Centre
Dancing With Lisa
The Aims and Ethos of The Family Dance Project
- Engage with creative movement and dance through a chosen theme/concept
- Foster opportunities to bond between parent and child/children through dance
- Promote teamwork and co-operation between the group through creative tasks
- Increase personal fitness
- Develop performance skills within informal group sharings
- Collaborate with other artists across art forms including music, film and crafts.
A Unique And Special Opportunity
This project is unique and specific to families that want to engage in meaningful and creativity activity together. It is aimed at young children between the ages of 5-9, but older siblings can attend if they want to.
This activity will have a positive impact on the young children’s lives and that of their families.
The Family Dance Project is continually developing new works and looking for opportunities for performance.
Ben & Orla